Due to low chemical costs and consumption, simple process control and high metal removal efficiency, ozonized cleaning baths are the perfect substitute for traditional, expensive multi-step RCA cleanings, known from the solar and semiconductor industry.
The ozone treatment can also be used in combination with HF for pyramid rounding, which achieves an optimal surface for passivation in HJT production lines.
Alkaline chemical etch isolation is a PERC and TOPCon relevant process, which can be done, in combination with a prior single side inline HF step, in the SILEX III system. This results in an excellent polished, isolated wafer surface. With this development Singulus offers a HNO3-free, environmentally friendly option for etch isolation.
The SILEX III ALTEX is designed to apply IPA-free texturing processes, offering substantial cost advantages compared to traditional etching systems. This texturing process can be adjusted to the individual requirements of standard and advanced cell technologies.
The SILEX III CLEAN is provided to run dedicated cleaning sequences for pre- or post-deposition processes. Depending on cell process flow and requirement the configuration can be designed individually, involving RCA or Ozone based cleanings as well as slight etching steps.
TYPICAL PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS
- High throughput up to 14,000 wph gross; wafer size: up to G12
- High throughput for GW scale mass production
- Short, stable, and adjustable texturing process
- Low cost of ownership and high uptime
- Low breakage rate < 0.01 %
- Ozone-enhanced cleaning & etching
- Appropriate and effective rinsing and drying
- Individual, flexible process sequencing
- Onboard scheduler software for throughput and recipe tuning
- Onboard performance analyzer software Intelligent water-cascading for optimal rinsing quality by low water consumption
- Smart integration of different rinsing principles for decreasing of media carry over
- Ideal feed and bleed balance permits long bath lifetimes